American Airlines offers two different ways to collect the charge fee for a ticket exchange
VMPD (Virtual Multi-Purpose Document)
- The VMPD must be issued using Reason For Issuance code Q only.
- The new ticket must be cross-referenced in the "Issued in connection with" box.
- Each ticket exchange transaction requires a separate VMPD.
- The change fee is to be collected in the fare box depending on the fare type (domestic or international).
- The "Taxes/Fees/Charges" box is not to be used for the collection of change fees.
- The Reason for Issuance code should be applied as follows:
- Q – "Rebooking Fee International"
See V-MPD for Instructions on how to issue.
CP Tax Code on the New Ticket
- American Airlines allows the collection of the change fee as part of the ticket exchange.
- The change fee may be collected using the CP tax code.
- No other tax code may be used and it is not acceptable to collect the change fee in the form of a Q surcharge or as part of the fare.